Sunday, February 17, 2008

Yosemite National Park, CA adventure

Yosemite, California! Ahh its a beauty which still simmers inside my mind..
I'll try to keep this post more informative, than personal. Check the comments on my adventure apologue.

The best way to get here is definitely by road.
Once you get there, you have plenty of options for accommodation. Nevertheless, you need to make reservations well in advance if you intent to make your trip during the busy summer months! Among the two most common options of camping and lodging; I would highly recommend Camping. You will totally enjoy sleeping under the stars, in the tent, relishing barbecued hot dogs, potato, corn and beer, sitting around the bonfire!! I totally enjoyed that part!

Now lets get into some action. The best things to do in Yosemite is Hiking, Biking, Rock Climbing , Water Activities (don't miss Rafting here) and Winter Sports. Yosemite is covered with peaks and valleys and a couple of waterfalls. The Half Dome is a Yosemite icon and rises nearly 5000 feet above the Valley. The Half Dome Day Hike is an exciting, arduous hike and the best rated by me. Make sure you have enough time because it could take nearly 10 hours to hike to Half Dome and back. The most unique part of this hike, if you reach the end, is the ascent up the cables. There are many other hikes, like the one along the Glacier Point road, Hikes in Wawona and the Mariposa Grove, Hetch Hetchy and Tuolumne Meadows. If you get here in the winter, which is from Mid- December to March, definitely enjoy the Downhill Skiing and Snowboarding and Ice Skating in the outdoor Ice skating ring.
With all this said I feel like planning a trip to Yosemite again. All Yosemiters please add your comments and additional information!

Check this cool video of Action Adept Yosemite Valley!!





2 comments:

drisyadrisya said...

It was the favorite during my westcoast trip... the Big Sur drive came a close second, just that the latter gets boring beyond a point where as Yosemite - I wish I had spent more time there ... some pics are at

http://drisyadrisya.blogspot.com/2007/07/www-yosemite.html

Deepa Vinodhan said...

Wow nice pics.. Especially the first one!
I haven't visited Big Sur yet. But I've heard about the drive through the redwood forest.