Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Flakiness in the flakes (Indoor Skiing, Dubai)

Flakiness in the flakes with Ice Skiing, Snowboarding and Snow tubing.

Yet another sport which I really wish to master. I went skiing at
Liberty Mountains, PA. I also had some indoor Ski experience at Ski Dubai Snow Park. I'll talk about my indoor skiing experience here. Check back for my next post on outdoor skiing, which is definitely more fun; to be out there, skiing down the mountains, with snow ranges surrounding you. The best part is when the sun shines over the snow-clad slope and you ski down the incline. Superb!!

I went to Ski Dubai, one of the unique things I did during my visit to Dubai.
Ski Dubai located in Mall of Emirates, Dubai is the world's third largest indoor ski slope, with 22,500 square metres covered with real snow all year round.
Sky Dubai has the world's largest indoor Snow Park
and other facilities like Skiing, snowboarding, Toboganning, snow tubing and Ski School which also has a free boot camp.

I enjoyed the snow tubing and another ride, where you come down an icy track on a rubber sledge. Unfortunately the sledge is too short for those who are tall; didn't bother me though. The Skiing part is fun too. It gives you a feel of coming down a 50 degree snowy incline.
Another project at Dubai Sunny Mountain Ski Dome in Dubailand is due to open in 2008. The project consists of a dome within which, there will be all kind of Arctic experiences, ranging from Penguinarium, snow castle, ice-rink, snowfall, sound and light effects, snow maze, and polar bears!!

Showtime!!
Sharapova and Davenport in Ski Dubai






No comments: