Thursday, April 3, 2008

Halloween High Heel Drag Race in DC

Each year on the Tuesday before Halloween, thousands of spectators head to 17th Street, between P and S Streets near Dupont Circle to enjoy Washington's fabulously raucous High Heel Drag Race. This is one of the most wildest and colorful events in Washington DC that I have ever come across.

Around 7 p.m., more than 100 drag queens, dressed in outrageous halloween costumes like Britney Spears, Condoleezza Rice, the Washington Monument and many more, parade up and down 17th Street. The High Heel Race begins at 9 p.m. and lasts for about 15 minutes.

I wonder how I never knew about this until now. I am definitely going this year to enjoy the show. Have you ever come across this before??

You have got to check this out!

1 comment:

Deepa Vinodhan said...

Ohh Dagg, I missed it last year (2008). I'll try to make it this year!